The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for ensuring product meets specifications by performing daily Surveillance inspections on product lines, entering data and maintaining quality assurance databases, and performing quality assurance tests on product as required.
§ Mathematics - arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
§ English Language - knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
§ Computers and Electronics - computer hardware and software; including applications.
§ Production and Processing - raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
§ Active Learning, Listening, and Critical Thinking
§ Learning Strategies Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures
§ Communication effectively by verbal and written
§ Problem Solving
§ Instructing /Teaching others how to do something.
§ Equipment Maintenance
§ Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
§ Troubleshooting /Determining causes of operating errors
§ Material Resources
§ Time Management
§ Internet Navigating - send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail)
§ Microsoft Office Tools
1. Requires standing
2. Lifting up to 25lbs
3. Requires bending, squatting,
4. Requires telephone conversations
5. Requires use of electronic mail
6. Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
7. Requires contact with others professionally (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
8. Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
9. Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
10. Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
11. Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
12. Requires exposure to hazardous conditions
13. Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over
14. Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals
15. Requires being exact or highly accurate
16. Requires meeting strict deadlines
17. Requires work with others in a group or team
18. Display professional appearance at all times
19. Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
20. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
21. Requires working in various environments
22. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
1. Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
2. Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
3. Perform visual inspections of finished products.
4. Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
5. Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
6. Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
7. Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
8. Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions.
9. Receive and inspect raw materials.
10. Investigate or report questionable test results.
11. Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
12. Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
13. Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
14. Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
15. Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays.
16. Identify and troubleshoot product problems.
17. Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
18. Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
19. Treats all Company property respectfully.
20. Improves self in any way possible to enhance job performance.
21. Promotes the Company, its Mission, Values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees.
22. Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
23. Functions as a team member by assisting, supporting, and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
24. Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly.
25. Measures and inspects all products for tolerances.
26. Collects and performs Break Tests on retention boards; enters data accurately.
27. Conducts Sawdust Moisture and Sieve Tests during the shift as specified.
28. Isolates all non-conforming product using the Hold and Positive Release System in place by the Quality Department.